The Gale Credit union was chartered in 1947 to serve employees of Gale Products, a division of OutBoard Marine Corporation. The credit union served only OMC employees and employee families until 1983. In 1983 the Gale Credit Union merged with the Knox County, City of Galesburg Credit Union. In 1984, the credit union moved from an office inside of the plant to 631 North Henderson St, Galesburg. Three more Credit Unions joined Gale Credit Union; KMD Credit Union, Beatrice Credit Union and Galesburg Register Mail Credit Union. In October 1998 the credit union built a new building at the 631 North Henderson location. In January 2005, Galesburg Postal Credit Union merged with the Gale Credit Union. At present, Gale Credit Union has over 50 area employee groups.
Gale Credit Union offers the eligible people of this area complete financial services.
Gale Credit Union was established to provide low cost financial services to its members. As a non-profit organization owned and operated by its members, we offer low interest rates on all types of loans and great interest rates on savings and checking accounts, along with other savings plans. All accounts are insured by the National Credit Union Administration, a US government agency.
Friendly, personal service is another outstanding feature of Gale Credit Union. You will never feel like just an account number to this Credit Union. Members are always assisted courteously and efficiently. The directors and officers of Gale Credit Union are committed to giving their members the best personal and financial services possible. You are invited to get in touch with Gale Credit Union for information on becoming a member and enjoy all the advantages a Credit Union can offer. You will find Gale Credit Union to be a reliable financial institution here to serve you.
Click here for our privacy notice
If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at:
or write to:
Privacy Notice Staff Person
Gale Credit Union
631 North Henderson Street
Galesburg, IL 61401
Gale Credit Union
Important Information about Procedures for Opening a New Account:
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all credit unions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
Information we collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
Parties who receive
information from us:
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance companies, and mortgage service companies.
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers, plastic card processors, direct marketers, and government agencies.
Disclosure of information
to parties that provide
services to us:
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements so that we may provide members competitive products and services. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our members' privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of information
about former members:
If you terminate your membership with Gale Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How we protect your
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What members can do to help:
Gale Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us - we are here to serve you.
Third Party Links
Gale Credit Union does not provide, and is not responsible for, the product, service, or overall website content available at a third-party site. Gale Credit Union neither endorses the information, content, presentation, or accuracy nor makes any warranty, express or implied, regarding any external site. Gale Credit Union's privacy policies do not apply to linked websites. You should consult the privacy disclosures on any linked site for further information.
Information sent by email is at risk of loss of confidentiality if the information is transmitted over the Internet. We do not recommend sending confidential information such as social security or account numbers by email.